5 April 2012
From a standing start in mid January we’ve worked hard and fast to collate a snapshot of the region on behalf of Artswork.
Our brief was to gather intelligence to inform its new role as part of the Arts Council England’s Bridge Organisation network, which, from April 2012, plays a key role in connecting children and young people with great art!
To gather intelligence, we’ve:
• delivered 6 stakeholder events across the region.
• received over 400 responses to an e-survey
• interviewed representatives in all 19 Local Authorities
• spoken with those in arts, heritage and children and young people’s settings
• collated a database of over 10000 individuals and organisations with a connection to children, young people and the arts.
This has provided opportunities for partners to share their aspirations for the Bridge, raise questions and highlight current challenges and opportunities. It has begun to map cultural provision across the region and indicate areas of need.
Outcomes will inform the early work plan for the Bridge team which includes four Strategic Managers located across the south east.